Oct 29, 2012

#PHFW S/S 2013 Cary Santiago & Luxewear

I'm in a rush today so I'll just dump this post with photos from last Friday's Philippine Fashion Week. I bet that won't help much because my photography skills + low quality camera would only equal to BLURRY shots. Oh, don't get me started with "Focus" and how my battery decided to die on the most important part, because that will take half a page of ranting and would cause me to be late for my appointment.

Imagine me saying all the things I've said above with this face on.

Cary Santiago
a.k.a my new favourite designer

I knew that our origami class from TLE would come in handy someday. Too bad I did not pay much attention to the subje -_-
Wow (period).
Though I'm biased towards the black and white pieces, overall, everything was breathtakingly beautiful. Kill me for using colloquial terms.


LUXEWEAR

Was I ever glad I did not miss this show because of my 1st world issues, 1.) I'm not into anything luxurious (aesthetic-wise) 2.) It was a 9:30pm show 3.) we only had 30min. to eat dinner, and that includes brisk walking, choosing the best filling yet affordable resto, and 15 min. digestion break; lastly 4.) We're left with a choice to watch either standing at the back or punch someone to get a seat (obviously I chose the one to less likely ban me from entering SMX). 

But because of my honest love for Veejay Floresca's designs, I ignored all my reasoning and to my benefit  encountered with Roel Rosal, Harley Ruedas and Chris Diaz's Spring/Summer 2013 collection.

Chris Diaz - Vertical lines = Instant  Long leggedness
Chris Diaz
Harley Ruedas -- Is there some intricate details on his bottom?
Harley Ruedas
Harley Ruedas
John Paras
John Paras -- Will fringe be big for Spring/Summer 2013?
Noel Crisostomo -- I need that belt in my life.
Popoy Barba -- Is that mouth open for 'awe' or 'yawn'?

If you went straight to browsing the photos and neglected what I wrote on my intro because of my poor writing skills or other reasons you may have (like thinking of saving your precious time instead of reading a paragraph full of rants). Well, I mentioned above that my camera chose the perfect time to die, slowly, achingly, annoyingly. 

Why of all designer allotment did they choose to put Veejay and Roel's collection near the end of the show? Oh wait, I perfectly know why. But in case you're curious, the complete collection can be seen at Philippine Fashion week's official website. Click here. And that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment